Training Resources for North East Course Directors
Peak One is the first of three courses. It serves as an introduction to Trail Life. It is good for all new troop leaders and prospective troop sponsors. Peak Two serves as an overview to troop operations. It is good for all new troop leaders and prospective leaders.
Peak Two training is all about Troop Operations. It covers in depth training on….the Troop Committee roles and responsibilities, the Patrol method for all levels of the program, the Officer’s Conference and how it operates, the Discipleship Square for mentoring, an in depth look at advancement, service projects, and ceremonies,
and other details to help your Troop operate successfully.
Peak Three is a two-night weekend training designed to be (click) hands-on training in…
- Outdoor skills as well as learning how to effectively
- Lead using the Patrol method.
- You will also learn various skills for mentoring youth
- How to plan and execute campouts, and outdoor activities.
- You will learn lots of other skills needed to effectively lead your Troop.”
Train the Trainer
Regions hold Train the Trainer Weekend’s to learn how to present training material for Trail Life USA. (pause) Train the Trainer is not for everone, but it would be helpful for each Troop to have at least one Train the Trainer trained leader who could conduct any of the Peak courses at any time….which would be extremely helpful for leaders that join your Troop. At Train the Trainer you will learn the following…
- best practices for teaching and presenting presentations,
- how to teach Trail Life USA’s 3 Peaks trainings as well as other National Initiative Training,
- (click) group facilitation principles,
- (click) and other valuable teaching skills.
Adult Trailmen who successfully complete the in-person Train the Trainer course are qualified and approved to lead 3 Peaks training. They also receive a pin for their lanyard and an icon will appear on their Member ID the next time they print it.
That shows that they have accepted the responsibility to deliver and assist in the delivery of National Initiative Training for other Trail Life adults.
Stay Tuned for this Link